Friday 16 September 2011

Silence is Golden

These days when I have almost nothing in the portfolio are eerily silent. No dramas unfolding as I watch my portfolio value. A feeling of peace.
But the market moves on.

  • That support line on the gold price chart has been broken but its power remains. Gold price has broken back above the line showing that I should have had more faith. 
  • Silver is also pulling back towards its broken support levels.
  • The Dow Jones is in some ways the most interesting chart for it powered up to resistance and then pulled back.
  • The S&P is above both the resistance lines that I drew but is also pulling back
If I had the balls for it I would be buying back my shorts because the market is moving as my analysis forecast. I may do, later this evening and then in the morning in the UK. You see what I mean about the pain of trading. But as I've said before I can't afford to lose unlike the chap in the UBS who was playing with other people's money.
My COW speculation is looking a bit sick and will have to go if there is no improvement by tomorrow.

Vegetarian guest tonight and I have cooked a  Tagine adapting from a lamb recipe. I am not a great one for specifying quantities but the recipe is a bit like this:
Canned chopped tomatoes (2 tins)
One large onion
Garlic to taste (I taste a lot)
Dried apricots (large handful)
Pitted dates (a few, chopped)
Can of chick peas
Frozen broad beans
Frozen soya beans
Vegetable stock

SPICES: Coriander, cumin,  cardamon, clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric, black pepper
salt to taste

I fry the onion, roughly chopped, slowly and then add garlic (crushed). Then add all the other ingredients at pretty much  the same time. It doesn't take much cooking - say 15 minutes. It's a good idea to prepare it in the morning so the ingredients have time to fuse their flavours. Then reheat, add a bit of water if necessary. I'm quite heavy handed with the spices.

I serve it with couscous decorated with pomegranate seeds.

As I finish writing this I see the Dow is creeping up again. Hold hard on buying those shorts.

No comments: