Friday 3 February 2012

Work in progress

The system works even in a down-trend
I've been making money for a couple of days. In the US on Tuesday and in the UK yesterday - a lot. I've taken profits as shares have risen to hit targets. So far I've cashed in SVS - where I subsequently missed a hefty continuation - and PZC and QQ. 6.5% and 4% and 2.2% on each in just about a week. More to come I hope. I had hoped for a quicker return from the strategy of buying shares that are sitting near the bottom of a range and selling them when they rose to about half way up that range. But it is an experiment. Next time I try I shall concentrate on shares which have bigger amplitudes in their wave motion.

My reason for trying this is partly my friend's success and partly my continuing nervousness about a market that is closing in on recent highs.

I am also  about to do some work looking for share picking strategies that will work in a consolidating or rising market. Although there is still the prospect that the market will go into sharp reverse I am getting tired of living with a relentlessly bearish outlook. But so far holding such an outlook has served me badly. So now I plan to try and make some money from shares that have some oomph. I will report on my progress.

I hope I am not making the foolish mistake of coming in too late.

Here comes gold
Gold and silver seem to be coming back. My taking of profits on silver seems to have been badly timed and I am now back in that market. Gold is progressing too.

No comments: