Friday 4 November 2011

Mid channel doldrums

We're back in the doldrums. It feels even more boring now that I only have gold and silver. There are no shares to watch. Silver is continuing with its pull back, respecting the diagonal resistance line I spoke of yesterday. If it continues on this course I may have a chance to buy a bit more - if I dare. In the mean time it weighs down on my portfolio.

I am showing the Dow chart again today to show how it is stuck at the level of the 200 day moving average having bounced off the 11720 support line. I believe it is working its way along a broad channel between 11520, the top of the previous channel, and 12284, the high reached on Thursday 27th October. That's about 750 points  - not much different from the width of the previous channel. I wonder whether it will take another two months to break out?

A favour please. I notice that I have a number of regular followers. If you enjoy reading the blog why not share it with friends. There is an envelope symbol at the bottom of each post which makes it easy to email your friends. Good luck in your trading.

No comments: